A popular Guajarati cuisine savoury snack recipe prepared from besan or chickpea flour with butter milk / curd / yogurt and other Indian spices. this favourite Guajarati snack is also known as pataudi or dahivadi and in marathi it is known as suralichi vadi or patuli. Desi Gabbar gets you the recipe for Khandvi. Here you go!
- PreTime 00 h 10 m
- CookTime 00 h 25 m
- Serving 4Persons
Share with your friends
Ingredients & Method
- Gram flour (besan) – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk - 3 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp For tempering: -
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- In a bowl take gram flour, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt to taste, curd, and water.
- Now with the help of whisker, whisk the batter properly. There should not be any lumps in it.
- This smooth mixture is now ready.
- Now, take a wok add khandvi batter in it. Cook it on a medium flame.
- Stir it continuously for 10-15 minutes, till the batter gets thick.
- Spread it on a plate. And same way spread it on another plate. Try to roll it after it becomes cold.
- If it is rolling, then it is right consistency. If not, then cook it further for 1-2 more minutes.
- After its ready spread that batter on plate with the help of scrapper. The mixture should be hot while spreading.
- If the mixture is cold, it will not spread properly.
- Spread a thin base so that khandvi not get any lumps in it.
- If it’s a thick base, then there is chance to create a lumps in it.
- Keep it for 5 to 7 minutes to cool down the batter.
- After its gets cool cut it into strip.
- Now, roll it slowly with the help of knife or hands. Now make the other rolls ready.
- For tempering, take a small pan, get oil heated after that add mustard seeds, once it starts to crackle, lower the flame then, add sesame seeds, curry leaves and green chilies.
- Turn off the gas. Now, spread the tempering on the khandvi rolls. Coat it well.
- Lastly add, freshly grated coconut and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Ready to eat now. *Yummy tips to enjoy by Khandvi: Khandvi is serve with coriander chutney or coriander mint chutney.
- #keepitsimple recipes by Desi Gabbar